Calendar of Events
NEW ASSIGNMENT FOR THE MONTH OF MAY ONLY: SUBMIT UP TO TWO IMAGES THROUGH MAY 3rd FOR CRITIQUE NIGHT.
Our critiquer for May 8th Critique meeting with be past Photochromers President, Bob Bush. He will review each submission carefully before the meeting and will be able to not only discuss any suggestions he might have regarding any submitted image, but will have the time to manipulate the image in Lightroom or Photoshop and bring to the meeting examples of any suggestions he might have. In addition, each photographer will first have an opportunity to discuss the image – where it was shot, what was trying to be accomplished, any concerns or questions you might have had about the image, etc.
In addition, we are suggesting a theme for the submitted images. The theme may require you to go to places outside of your comfort zone, and may also permit interesting comparisons between images that are attempting to address the same topic.
The suggested theme for this session is SHADOWS.
If you do not wish to submit a photo on this theme, just go ahead and submit any other photo you wish to submit. The theme is not mandatory.
So, to summarize, for the May 8 meeting:
1. Submit up to TWO images. The size and submission rules remain the same as usual and are summarized below.
2. The theme for the image be SHADOWS (this is not mandatory – but submit only two)
3. SUBMIT THE IMAGE AS EARLY AS POSSIBLE AND NO LATER THAN WEDNESDAY MAY 3rd
4. Come to the meeting prepared to discuss the image.
And thanks are to Bob for his suggesting this adventure, and putting together the write-up to send out! Submission information is below my signature.
Photo Sharing & Critique Submission Guidelines:
We do photo sharing and critique at our meetings on the Second Monday of the month. Images are displayed on a screen using a digital image projector.
Paid members are allowed to present five (5) images each month. A guest may show seven images one time before joining the club.
In the file name, number your images 1-5, write your name, and file number or title.
Images will be shown only if member is present.
Image Preparation and Submission
a] Image dimensions, orientation:
Landscape – 2000 pixels on the long side
Portrait – 1080 on the long side
b] Upload Your Images to email@example.com
– File size: keep file below 4 MB
– Format: jpeg
– Send email with images as attachments. Do not embed the images in your email. Do not use an email “Slideshow” feature.
– Make the subject of the email ” Photo Submission”
– Images must be received no later than the night prior to the meeting.